Whilst Pippa’s Guardians’ are caring for your child, they will carry out the following responsibilities:
- Appoint a friendly, welcoming and fully inspected host family, which is close to your child’s school. The host family provides a home for your child during all weekend breaks, half terms and holidays (as needed), according to your child’s requirements.
- Greet your child upon their arrival into the UK, and make all personal travel arrangements for weekend breaks, half terms and holidays.
- Provide genuine pastoral care and take an interest in your child’s progress at school both academically and in their personal development as they grow into adults.
- Supervise your child’s academic progress and attend parent/teacher meetings when required.
- Represent both you as parents and your child’s needs through good communication with your child’s school and host families.
- Assist with opening UK bank accounts.
- Provide support, help and advice on medical issues and counselling.
- Advise and assist you regarding placements with future schools including handling the applications for you. They will also organise suitable English Language and revision courses for the holidays when needed.
- Arrange visits to schools or universities for interviews.
- Supervise your child’s school uniform.
- Manage your child’s pocket money.
- Assist you with Visa applications and Police Registrations.
- Organise the purchase of UK mobile SIM cards.
- In the event of a crisis, Pippa’s Guardians will support your child by providing advice and assistance.
- Pippa’s Guardians are on call 24 hours every day to help you and your child with any difficulties or problems that may arise.